The 4th Graduate School on Plasma-Astroparticle Physics will take place from January 29th to February 3rd in Physikzentrum Bad Honnef! The school is sponsored by the newly founded Collaborative Research Center "Cosmic Interacting Matter" (CRC1491).
The school is aimed at Master- and PhD-students and is composed of lectures accompanied by practical exercise sessions, which are meant to give further insights into specific topics.
The following topics will be presented at the school:
- (Astro-)particle Physics (Dennis Soldin)
- Galactic Magnetic Fields (Katia Ferrière)
- Astrophysical Plasmas and Cosmic Ray Propagation (Giovanni Morlino)
- Astrostatistics (Angus Wright)
- Scientific Writing (Peter Schneider)
- Radio Observations (Volker Heesen)
- Event Horizon Telescope (Silke Britzen)
In addition to the lectures, there will be an opportunity to present your own research during the Poster Sessions and an Excursion around the Physikzentrum is planned.
Costs for accommodation and full board are 540 Euros for the entire week and have to be paid by the participants directly to the Physikzentrum at the time of arrival in Bad Honnef. There will be no additional fee to attend the school. The program will be finalized soon.
The application deadline is Dec. 15, 2022.
In case of question, please contact the LOC:
- Prof. Wolfgang Rhode: wolfgang.rhode at tu-dortmund.de
- Sophie Aerdeker: sophie.aerdker at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
- Vladimir Kiselev: Vladimir.Kiselev at ruhr-uni-bochum.de